Director, Creative & Client Services
The rt in rt Strategy, Richard is a born and bred agency guy. With a rare mix of planning, project management, design & technical skills, he brings insight, creative and strategy together to delight clients.
- Started in the industry in summer 1991, aged 17 as a junior in a Graphic Design Studio.
- Launched his first business – an event planning, management and promotions company aged 21.
- Also worked as a contract graphic designer and DTP operator throughout the 1990s
- Began marketing agency career in 1999 as a Producer with award-winning, web-pioneers 64k
- Moved to a management role with international integrated agency Gyro in 2000 with responsibilities for teams located in London, Geneva & San Francisco
- Worked with McCann Erikson in Sydney, Australia before moving to Canada in 2004 where rt Strategy Inc. was born.
- Graphic Design & Publishing using Adobe & Quark software
- Web design & development using XHTML/HTML, CSS 3, PHP & WordPress
- Photography, writing & audio production
Formation of rt Strategy Inc
- Incorporated in 2004 as “Brainstorm Brand Communications”
- Sub-contracted with two established marketing agencies until mid-2009.
- Renamed as “rt Strategy Inc” in 2010 and positioned as a marketing, design and production agency with a focus on brand transformation.
Clients & Awards
Extensive experience serving blue-chip clients such as Sun Microsystems, NEC, HP, Nestle and McNeil Nutritionals as well as residential, recreational and commercial property developers, small and large volume manufacturers, professional service companies, public sector clients and non-profit organizations.
A full client list can be found on Richard’s personal website at richardtaylor.me/client-list/
Projects that Richard has lead have produced award winning results – first from the British Interactive Media Association – and more recently from the Canadian Home Builders Association including Gold Tommie Awards for branding, web sites, print collateral & advertising.
- Developed curriculum and taught Digital Media Design students at the Centre for Arts and Technology, Kelowna
- Founded Digital Okanagan and currently serves as CVO of the organization
- Founding member of co+Lab - co-working space in Kelowna, BC
- Serves on the awards jury for the Summit International Awards
- Founding member of the Connections at Work B2B professional networking group
- Supported the work of Taiga Camp and The Central Okanagan Elizabeth Fry Society with donated time
- Supported Kelowna Community Food Bank by donating time to the FH&P Lawyers Urban Race
- Founder and supporter of the Save-a-Spirit-Bear initiative
10 Personal Insights
- Event management business involved significant work as a nightclub promoter and DJ in London England and still produces DJ mixes and remixes as a hobby (see www.djrichtaylor.com)
- Loves to get creative in the kitchen and at the bar and was probably a chef or mixologist in a former life
- Often found awake at 5am on Saturday mornings watching his beloved Arsenal FC on television
- Travelled extensively in 2002 & 2003 including Spain, Portugal, France, Italy, Switzerland, Greece, Germany, Holland, USA, Mexico, Guatemala, Belize, Hong Kong, Australia and The Philippines
- Took part time jobs while studying as a letting agency, a delivery driver for a wine warehouse, a record store clerk
- Worked with Ricky Gervais (before he was world famous) at the University of London Students Union
- Loves to write educational articles and opinion pieces
- Can be found on Twitter and Linked In
- Fancies himself as something of a photographer
- Apple user and supporter since 1990 and recognizes the influence of Steve Jobs on his life.